Nikon 28Ti, custom functions?

morten__en1

I have just bought my self a used Nikon 28Ti. A beautiful camera, but without a user

manual. I know about places on the net where I can buy one, but mainly I know my

way around the camera and have access to the specs.

My question is this: Could anybody tell me what the "custom functions" are, and how

to activate them. I have read on the net that people who use this camera often cary

with them a note of some sort to remember the rather un-intuitive stuff regarding the

operation of the camera. Can any of you help me? Please!? You do not have to write a

long answer, I know how to push a button :-)

Best Regards

Morten

To get the custom function setting, do this:

While pressing the SET button, turn the select dial to "P" from OFF.

"00 0 00" or "00 0 01" appers in the LCD panel and the first two digits blink (note that you can select analogue display reset mode by changing the two digits furthest left to 02 by pressing the SET button). The custom function is ready to be set when "00 00 01" is shown in the LCD. If "00 0 00" is shown, press the MODE button until the two digits furthest right blink, then press the SET button to select "00 0 01". Press the MODE button to change the position to be set and press the SET button to select the desire custom function number.

***Custom functions***

-Initial settng: 0 0 00 and 00 0 01

-Auto flash mode: 01 1 00 = Effective and 01 1 01 = Flash cancel

-Exposure metering system: 01 2 00 = Matrix and 01 2 01 = Center-weighted

-Viewfinder LCD: 01 3 00 = Shutter speed and 01 3 01 = Apeture

-Imprint data: 01 4 00 = All frames and 01 4 01 = Selected frames (Frame on the first shot of a new film roll or the first shot of a day, every, until the end of the film roll.)

-Analogue display reset: 02 0 00 = Locked and 02 0 01 = Reset able

When the desired custom function number(s) is (are) selected, press the shutter release lightly to set the custom function setting. After the desired custom function is set, the frame counter display reappears in the LCD.

Sometimes the analogue display indicator points to a position other than its original position due to accidental shock or whatever. You need to reset it again. To set it, set the custom function display to "02 0 01" as mentioned above.

-To reset the aperture indicator: Turn the Command Dial and reset the indicator to P.

-To reset the focus distance indicator: While pressing the AF button, turn the Command Dial and reset the indicator to AF.

-To reset the exposure compensation display: While pressing the +/- button, turn the Command Dial and reset to +/- (0) position.

-To reset the frame counter indicator: While pressing the self-timer button, turn the Command Dial and reset to 0 position.

Then press MODE button.

Hope you enjoy the custom function setting.

Chattakoon Chiachanpong