Nikon 135mm f/2.8 Series E

williamting

<p>Picked one up today at a great price, and so far I've been impressed with it quite a bit. It has one less element compared to the AI-S version, but given it's weight and sharpness wide open I don't miss it.</p>

<p>Anyway, I've attached some shots + 100% crops, and some 85mm f/1.4 AF-D shots for reference.</p><div>00Tk8z-147563784.thumb.jpg.877ecb215351c7be2b118bf9214a3aa0.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks for putting these on here Will.</p>

<p>I had a 28mm E and a 50mm E and found them pretty good. I was using them on a F3 and didnt want to take anything expensive with me (risk of theft etc).</p>

<p>I never had the 135mm, but its something I would be willing to try out I think.</p>

<p>Thanks again,</p>

<p>R</p>

<p>William, thank you for commenting on this lens - it is not often I see it mentioned.</p>

<p>My positive feelings for the Series E line are growing as time goes by and I aquire them. They are light, sharp and despite the plastic exterior operate as smoothly as any Nikkor.</p>

<p>I attach a photo taken with my latest Series E lens - the 36-72mm. This lens is a marvel - the sharpest zoom I have seen or used by a long shot. It easily outresolves the 200 speed Superia - I need to tripod mount it with some Ektar to see it really shine I think. Keep a look out for it.</p><div>00TkIP-147673584.JPG.dd22b9dc73e5e897a4759c1c84a61462.JPG</div>