Nikkormat FT3 film speed setting

norman_valentine

<p>Pull out the tab on the shutter speed lever, then slide the ASA index pointer near the bottom of the lens mount to the desired ISO/ASA.</p>

<p>As for the smell, you could try wiping down the camera with cloth sprayed with a mild cleaner like Fantastik - it should clean off the residue and hopefully replace it with a better smell. It might take a few wipe-downs over time, though.</p>

<p>Pull out on the tab the pencil is pointing to; this will allow you to slide the index pointer.</p>

<p>Here's a link to some information about the FT3, and there's a link that you can download the owner's manual from.</p>

<p>http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikkormat/fseries/ft3/index.htm</p>

<p>Fantastik is a general household cleaner, similar to 409.</p><div>00S6Z1-105085584.jpg.3dada0e5f7474fcb5260df9abc6b860a.jpg</div>

<p>Seal it in a plastic bag with a bunch of crumpled up newspaper. It will eventually smell fine. Try it for 2 weeks, if it still smells, do it for another 2 weeks.<br>

I did this with a camera that really reeked, and after a few weeks it smelled spring-fresh. Then I used the paper for fire-starter. I tried windex and other cleaners, but that doesn't do anything for the interior surfaces of the camera.</p>

<p>The crumpled up newspaper trick Neil suggests works very well for a lot of odors, including that vaguely mildewy odor. You can also try sheets of carbon air filter mesh or foam. Helped eliminate the mildew funk from an old Agfa Isolette folder and its leather case I got off ebay years ago.</p>

<p>This is going to sound silly but I can't get hold of newspaper on the Falkland Islands. Our weekly paper is printed on photocopier paper. The library used to have newspapers but that source has dried up. If I put it a bag with some charcoal would that help? (I could wrap the charcoal in a pice of cloth to reduce the dust problem)</p>