Nikkormat eyepiece correction lens

Tony Parsons

As said, you need a minus. The rule of thumb that Nikon has published for selecting the correct one is to look at your prescription and subtract 1-i..e if your prescription is -3 you should use a -4 eyepiece.

If you don't know/don't have a current prescription, at least here in the US drug stores and places like that often have racks of inexpensive reading glasses out-I'd visit one of those, see what corrected my close vision best, and order a diopter based on that

As said, you need a minus. The rule of thumb that Nikon has published for selecting the correct one is to look at your prescription and subtract 1-i..e if your prescription is -3 you should use a -4 eyepiece.

If you don't know/don't have a current prescription, at least here in the US drug stores and places like that often have racks of inexpensive reading glasses out-I'd visit one of those, see what corrected my close vision best, and order a diopter based on that

Thanks for that advice, Ben - however, my prescription is so strong the regular spectacles are too weak, so I am thinking I may need a -4

Tiny thing, easily, inexpensively mail-able!

Thank you, Sandy, I shall take you up on your kind offer. I shall be more than grateful if you can let me have the -4 lens, please. Many thanks. Is my address on the system ? If not, please send a PM and I'll provide it.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

(snip)

They have a good supply of small to medium positive lenses, but no negative lenses.

Small positive lenses are good for people with normal far vision, but can't see near, as the

lens gets less flexible with age.

Besides my normal lenses of about -6, there are times that I need to work close, and might

not mind a pair of -5 or -4.5, but they don't sell them that way.

For really close work, I just take them off. I should probably have safety (no correction)

glasses, though.

-- glen

I am very near-sighted as well.

I once "tried" to use a correction eyepiece, but gave it up as impractical, for me.

As soon as I lowered the camera, I can't see anything, so I have to put my glasses on again.

Off - on - off - on - off . . . .

And where do I put the glasses when it is off?

It just got to be too much of a hassle, so I gave up on the corrective eyepiece and just use my glasses through the viewfinder.

When I use binoculars, I find the viewing better without my glasses, though as above,

there is the problem of where to put them.

I never tried an appropriate camera eyepiece, though.

For one, if I had one then other family members couldn't use

the camera.

-- glen