NIK Sharpener Pro 3 Output Question...

<p>John, I can't answer your questions, but- This upcoming Wed, March 7, from 8-9pm Central Time (and again on Fri March 9 from 6-7pm Central Time), Nik Software has one of their regular live webinar training sessions covering DFine 2.0 and Sharpener Pro 3.0. During that webinar, you will be encouraged to type in questions to the demonstrator/trainer, and I think this would be a great question to ask during that webinar. If you haven't viewed any of their webinars, I'd strongly suggest it, as they are great training aids. Here's the link to their upcoming weekly schedule (changes each week, no live webinars on Sun or Mon)- http://www.niksoftware.com/learnmore/usa/index.php, on the right side of the screen choose your time zone for accurate schedule times. And on Tuesday evening they have a webinar where they run you though the integration of the entire suite.</p>

<p>Here's one of their pre-recorded training videos using DFine and Sharpener Pro to watch right away- http://www.niksoftware.com/learnmore/usa/index.php/webinars/archives#/dfine-2-0-and-sharpener-pro-3-0/0/4/0/0/0/page:1 Maybe the info here will answer your question, otherwise "attend" one of this week's live webinars to ask questions.</p>

<p>You may want to contact Mpix (or whoever will make your print) and ask about the printing technology they use.</p>

<p>Disclosure- I'm not with Nik Software, but I'm awaiting delivery of my CD for the suite I just bought on Friday! I've watched a lot of those webinars, and multiple times for each topic.</p>

<p>Steve, Andrew, thanks for your input. Yes, I have watched many NIK webinars but either missed or misunderstood the answer to this question. In this case the old adage "read the manual" may hold sway. Straight from the NIK Sharpener Pro User Guide ...<br>

- <strong>Continuous Tone </strong>– Sharpens for continuous tone printers such as prints found at photographic labs using silver-halide based papers and dye-sublimation printers.<br>

This seems to match the description of the kind of output Mpix gives me so I'll go with this solution and see what results I get. If I'm pleased, I'm pleased.<br>

thanks again</p>

<p> </p>