NEWS: Surprise! Samyang Introduces Two New AF FE Lenses

<p>Yes, less useful in such a wide lens, yet a more modern update to their well regarded MF lens. One possible reason is to allow the passing of electronic information and in-body aperture control.</p>

<p>AFAIK, these are Samyang's only AF lenses. We'll have to wait on pricing to see what sort of value they represent. These two focal lengths aren't of particular interest to me, but if they ever come out with an AF 135mm f/2, similar to their MF offering, I will be at the front of that line. </p>

<p>"Could this be the beginning of a new, affordable AF lens line for Sony e-mount?"<br /> <br /> That would be welcome, Louis, although at only one stop slower, the new Sony 50mm f2 (or f1.8, it is supposed to arrive this month) at something over 200 dollars, is an inexpensive addition. It will be interesting after July (or earlier if the Japanese models are available for tests) to read the test reports.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>One possible reason is to allow the passing of electronic information and in-body aperture control.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>there are chipped MF lenses, like the Voigtlander SL series, which do this already. i'm just saying, if im shooting that wide, im probably not shooting people or Things That Move. and if im not shooting people, i probably dont need AF. still, this is an interesting development, although i agree it would be more interesting in other focal lengths like 135.</p>