News Flash about Nikon product development

Rick Waller

Geez, I heard that the d95.5 had a steam powered VR system , with hydraulic focus assist, AND (!) a built in air compressor to blown the dust off the "selenium photo cell" based sensor.

My inside source must be wrong.

No, not me. I'm waiting for the D-2 million... It has a feature that automatically makes a wide

lens even wider digitally and another real cool feature that actually takes the shot for you. So

if you forget to press the shutter and say, clearly, into the built-in voice-recognition

microphone (using technology stolen-I mean licensed-from Kurzweil) "Oh gosh, I wish I had

pressed the shutter" the camera actually goes back in time and shoots the image for you!

Bravo Nikon! (Although Canon claims they will be first to market with this feature...)

Thanks for posting this. I loved it!

Universal VR is nothing new. I already have that for my 4x5. Everthing else seems pretty accurate. I wonder what Canon will do to compete? Maybe they will introduce a better kit lens for their DSLR's. This one will be made by Holga and will have better image quality than their current 18-55 USM.

Hi, Eric,

Remember, we still have more than 8 months before the next April 1st:-)

Incidentally, I'd rather prefer UVIR to uVR. I already have uVR that can attach to any cameras and that requires no power. It has three telescopic pipes and a ballhead on top of them.