Newly Redesigned

lynnthomas

<p>Hi Lynn,</p>

<p>Looks very nice. The photos are great.</p>

<p>A couple of things I notice:</p>

<p>1) On the home page, I don't love the way the type looks. Perhaps a little space between the paragraphs. You might also try centering the type. It just looks a bit jumbled as is. Perhaps try not extended the type beyond the width of the photo.</p>

<p>2) Your second "Its" needs an apostrophe. Should be "It's not just black and white . . ."<br>

<br>

3) I think your photos speak for themselves but I think the experience of your web site would be well served if it had some kind of fleshed-out statement from the photographer, whether it's an ABOUT page that tells us something about you, or a few paragraphs about your work itself. It doesn't have to interpret your photos for us and certainly doesn't need to be as presumptuous as many artist statements, but maybe something about how you work, where you shoot, why you shoot . . . anything that would personalize it for the viewer. Seems like it would be a more complete experience with a bit of narrative.</p>

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Fred,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I never know what to say in an artist statement and am put off by the flowery ones I've read. But I can see where it would be helpful. Will have to come up with something that can explain why I photograph what I do.

Thanks!

Finally have had some time to sit down and work on the site.

I decided I like the paragraph on the Homepage the way it is but fixed the apostrophe and added

an About page to try to communicate something about myself.

I'm not seeing trouble loading on my end, not sure how to fix that.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out.