new Wetlands exhibit, UC Berkeley campus, Jan 22-May 31, 2013

sallymack

Here's the announcement I'm sending out regarding my new photo exhibit on the UC Berkeley campus. For anyone in

the area, it's an opportunity to see photos taken on film and printed through an enlarger. --Sally

"At the Edges: A Wetlands Restoration Site" photo exhibit

Sally Mack

2600 Tolman Hall, UC Berkeley campus

January 22-May 31, 2013, 9 am - 5 pm

"At the Edges: A Westlands Restoration Site," color photographs by Sally Mack of a northern California wetlands

restoration site, are being present at the Ed/Psych Library at 2600 Tolman Hall on the UC Berkeley campus from

January 22-May 31, 2013.

The photos in the exhibit were taken at a 53-acre wetlands restoration site owned by CalTrans, developed by a

consortium of federal and state resource agencies. Named "Guadalcanal Village" after the South Pacific island,

it's the site of a former housing development, now a CalTrans mitigation site, located on Mare Island, near

Vallejo, CA. It's bordered by Highway 37 and the Napa River. It is slated to become part of the San Pablo Bay

National Wildlife Refuge.

The photos in the exhibit were taken with a classic Hasselblad film camera and printed through an enlarger at a

local lab.

More of Sally's photos can be seen at http://www.sallymack.us/

For more information, please contact Sally at photos@sallymack.us or call 707.558.8173.<div>00bIZM-517089684.jpg.63eaeef2f54ade4bec32afa32e819396.jpg</div>

Thanks, Edward, please let me know what you think of the exhibit if you get a chance to see it. The wetlands photos are my best work.<br>

<br>

I'm having another exhibit on the UC Berkeley campus <b>March 1-31, 2013</b> at <b>The Faculty Club</b>, photos I took in Mongolia last summer. I'll post an announcement but you heard it here first! --Sally