NEW--WEDDING PHOTO OF THE WEEK UPLOAD July 27, 2009

picturesque

<p>Time to upload just one image - your favorite - from this or last week. Make sure it is 700 pixels or less in width - AND - make sure to enter a caption in the caption box on that page where you've uploaded. Some details about the shot would be helpful By posting - you agree to allow your image to be chosen for discussion and critique for the week. One will be chosen at random. This is not a contest - but simply an image that we'll discuss. Positive as well as constructive suggestions are what will occur. HOWEVER - IF you wish to post your image but DO NOT WANT to be considered for critique - please say so in your caption. Images that show as a link will be deleted and you'll be asked to re-post. Newcomers and Pros are both welcome to post in this thread. The thread will be closed late on Tuesday. Look for the choice on Wednesday. Please do not start the critique in this thread ;-)</p>

<p>Bride from a casual wedding at a B&B this past Saturday. Just going for an old-school sepia, bride-in-mirror shot. Minimal post-processing beyond the sepia enhancement. Used a Ziess Softar 1 on lens, 50mm, f/3.2, 1/160 sec., ISO 1000. Window light only; no additional lighting enhancements.</p>

<p>Probably won't get picked as mine was picked last week, but I wanted to re-open the "eye drawn to the brightest part of the image" debate. :-)</p>

<p> </p><div>00U3TV-158925584.thumb.jpg.bec1ac785a5b2d5fec14348bee02913d.jpg</div>

<p>This is the first of my pictures to be submitted.<br>

I think I dont take that many close up pictures, details, so I have decided to send this one.<br>

It was taken outside while the B was getting ready, G was posing for a while, shot at 16mm, ISO 100, F3.2 and 1/1000s, also I did sharpen a lot - I do retoutch, but lightly. This one was radius 3, but I always keep it 0.8 and here I went for 122%, usually 67%.<br>

Would like to know how much do U sharpen?</p>

<div>00U3bv-159003584.jpg.e3c03d3181c563231bd17f4f945d7bb3.jpg</div>

<p>MM--you may want to ask this as a separate question about sharpening. This thread isn't the place for this discussion, as it will be closed tomorrow evening.</p>

<p>Also, be sure to make the question about wedding photos and sharpening, otherwise, the question belongs in the Digital Darkroom forum.<p>

<p>This was shot with my Nikon D80, using a 17-55 f/2.8. This was captured as the bride and groom were exiting amidst a shower of birdseed. They were wearing goggles to keep the seed out of their eyes...and of course they thought it was a unique and fun idea!</p>

<p>I will call this one my current favorite shot of the last couple weeks (my favorite shot changes regularly!). Sun had actually already set by the time we got to the lake. I always shoot in Raw and one of the reasons is so that I can bring out all the different colors of the sunset. If it matters: Nikon D300, 17-55 f/2.8 @ f/4, 1/125th, ISO 400, on camera flash for fill controlling a SB800 off camera to our right. Raw processed in Aperture, slight saturation and Noise Ninja in Photoshop. If I had to offer my own critique it would be in the PP, I missed that green striping on the grooms shoulder when I upped the saturation.</p><div>00U3ei-159025684.jpg.90a625cbd99df3b9078e072a4e6a8731.jpg</div>

<p>Quick shot before leaving for reception hall.</p>

<p>Manual Mode: f2.8 and 1/60 shutter speed. </p>

<p>Exposed for ambient then placed a 580ex with pocket wizard underneath the backside of the brides dress and pointed it towards the alter area using the brides dress as a softbox. </p>

<p>The on camera flash was also fired to toss light onto the bride and groom looking at camera. We were able to get several poses from this set up. </p>

<p>No critique requested.</p>

<p> </p><div>00U3ev-159027584.thumb.jpg.36647618c7f826c80a17d472caea5b60.jpg</div>