New wedding lab, easy to use !

gregory_c

<p>I have been having lab problems for several years, yellow & dark photos. Espically on proofing. Even the skin looked (for a lack or terms) gritty. They did OK on my film, but digital, they fell off the ektacolor barrel. Their ordering software was getting more complex every year. I now use Bay Photo <a href="http://www.bayphoto.com">www.bayphoto.com</a> WOW, they are great ! Color & brightness is correct, fleash tones are smooth, not "gritty", the software (ROES) is very easy, you know exactly how much your order is before you send it. My old lab, you never knew how much your bill was going to be, their statement was confusing, looked like they were overcharging me sometimes. I have really cut back on weddings, this was one of the reasons, tired of fighting labs (lab wars). Gee, I may have to start back !!<br>

Who was my old lab, I can't say it on the site, , but they have 2 locations, Kansas & Missouri, if you use them & get good results,, good. I would send them uncorrected files, & they came back dark & yellow. I asked over & over & they said " <em>oh we color correct each image</em>". No way, I would use the simple "auto correct" myself, then send, they came back better. But hey, no more. Bottom line, if having lab problems, try these guys,,,,<br>

(Before you ask, I corrected the images on my color balanced monitor, I would let the lab color correct also)</p>

<p>Aimee said::<br>

<em>"I've talked to many, many lab owners and they all would rather you leave the files alone and let them do the color correction....-Aimee"</em><br>

That is what I did at my previous lab & they came back yellow & dark ! Then I started using the auto color correction on photoshop, then let the lab correct also, they were better. Got tired of fighting with them.</p>

<p>I've used bayphoto and I find their printing to be okay. I'm an Adorama fan, all the way (but I also live in nyc, so picking up there is easy and I think it's nice when your lab knows your face!). Once, I wasn't happy with their color correction and they (Adorama) reprinted right away - no charge - with better results.<br>

As far as imagequix, I gave it a try after last year's expo - but didn't stick with it. I use Digilabs for hosting, after having used Instaproofs for some time (but got customer complaints about the interface). I like Digilabs a lot and my customers really like it - but if you're not producing a lot of orders/month, it can feel pricy. I don't print through them, though - I fulfill orders on my own.</p>