New web site for Rollei USA

thomas_diekwisch1

Gang, Rollei USA has a new web site http://www.rollei-usa.com/.

Looks like the product palette has been streamlined, possibly for

the better. Couple of cool pdfs. They once more changed their

dealership portfolio. Great cameras and lenses. I guess the next

couple of years will be important for the future. IMHO, the X act2

is another top-notch product, BTW. Hope they improve their consumer

relationship issues. Wish them all the best.

The home page is clean and nice. However, the PDFs are a low- resolution disaster. The PDF format makes the photos look as if they were taken with a cellphone! For the foremost commerical/product camera in the world, What on earth were they thinking? Ditch the PDFs and get some real files up there! Or find a new web design agency.

Also, it appears the the 6008 is it--film or digi. I too have looked at the X-act but when it comes down to using my exisiting lenses, they require an adapter, and still aren't an ideal hookup.

Simply the best there is in MF; but seems to be on the wane here in the US.

Cheers,

Ray Hull

• 8 years later...

<p>Hi All,<br>

I'm going to revive this old thread. I've been shooting with Rollei cameras for years and really wanted to improve the both amount of information available about these wonderful cameras and also find a way to learn which items are available new, and how to easily order them. The result after meeting with Hans and Johannes Hartje and Frank Will at the DHW-Fotoechink factory this summer is that I have opened a Rolleiflex USA http://rolleiflex.us As far as I know I am the only officially authorized dealer in the US. Right now I have a number of product manuals and brochures available for download and about 60 items uploaded and available for purchase but will be adding all items available from the factory to my site over the next months. <br>

Regards,<br>

Eric Hiss</p>