New versions of View NX2 & Capture NX-D

CvhKaar

<p>Sidecar files now are included with View NX 2.10.2?<br>

<br />"When image files are moved, copied, or deleted in ViewNX 2, sidecar files associated with the image files are now also moved, copied, or deleted along with image files. However, when image files are moved or copied to destinations outside of ViewNX 2, such as the desktop, sidecar files associated with the images files will not be moved or copied accordingly."</p>

<p>Not yet (if will be compatible some day), it just copy, move and delete along with the image. It also creates the appropriated folder containing the sidecar when moved or copied.<br /> <br />They fixed the annoying problem with 2 screens and some other important fixes with White Balance and Noise Reduction on NX-D.</p>

<p>In ViewNX2, I hope they also fixed some annoying and dangerous problems with the trash basket icon. On my laptop, it will not delete an image when the image is in full screen mode. When in multiple image mode, sometimes, when you delete the first image to be deleted in a new folder of images, the whole file folder gets deleted. On my desktop with View NX2 setup for two monitors, the trash icon works, accept for the problem already noted that you might be deleting the whole file folder when you try and delete the first image file in that file folder. <br>

I will check it out and let you know if these problems have been fixed. <br>

Joe Smith</p>

<p><em>On my laptop, it will not delete an image when the image is in full screen mode.</em></p>

<p>In my computer the version before the newest displays the popup asking if I am sure to delete this image, with yes and no buttons, but these are not displayed on top of the program window as they should be, they are behind it! If I press delete and Enter (to answer "yes"), the picture will be deleted even though the pop-up window is invisible. This appears now fixed in the newest release.</p>

<p>Joseph, I have done that folder deletion once or twice.<br>

This happens when you have the folder selected (it is hilighted) when you press delete. Like Ilkka explains it asks if it is ok to delete. When you had the folder selected it prompts someting like: "is it ok to delete the folder <strong>and</strong> the image". This folder info is easy to miss as one is expecteing to delete only a file.<br>

Ilkka, good to know, as I newer saw those hidden popups. <br>

Currently I am just careful. Usually delete via labelling images with red label. Going through the files, then filtering to show only red labels, select all and press delete. <br>

Happened to install these updates before the notification by C.P.M. I was trying to update to the previous View -version, which was not available anymore. One round saved!<br>

C.P.M. thank you for the notifications. Your update notifications are working much better than Message Center 2.</p>