New user from France

<p>Hi everybody,<br /> I'm a 26 years old hobbyist who have been doing photos irregularly for 4 or 5 years. Irregularly because during all this time I used cheap compacts or borrowed my best friend's Canon EOS 400D.<br /> With my first salary, I bought a few months ago a Canon EOS 50D with which I have a lot of pleasure.</p>

<p>I've been using Terragen for almost ten years. It's a landscape generator, basically a way to place a virtual camera into a virtual world that you've created yourself (see my gallery on my old website : http://terrafgen.free.fr/ ). I think this is because of Terragen that I grew a passion for photography.<br /> Also, I think my nerd part played a part too, because I eagerly read everything that allows me to understand the technical aspects of photography (I spent a few hours trying to understand what polarizing light was and how polarizing filters work ^^)</p>

<p>Since I was a child, I've always been fascinated by the sky (something I did a lot with Terragen, too) and trees (something that was awfully hard to do with Terragen!). So nature is the subject I prefer, far more than photographing people of cities.</p>

<p>I'm, for now, just a free user. I don't know if I'll prefer photo.net over other communities likes FlickR, but I'll see... <br />(The 5 images limit on photo.net is a bit harsh ^^')<br /> So far I've uploaded two photos I made recently. I still have to understand how the site work (how to add description to the photos without requesting a critique, how to change the tags...)</p>

<p>Well, that's all... Sleeping time!</p>