NEW - UPLOAD RECENT WEDDING IMAGE HERE FOR WEDDING PHOTO OF THE WEEK - 7/6/09

think27

<p>Time to upload just one image - your favorite - from this or last week. Make sure it is 700 pixels or less in width - AND - make sure to enter a caption in the caption box on that page where you've uploaded. Some details about the shot would be helpful By posting - you agree to allow your image to be chosen for discussion and critique for the week. One will be chosen at random. This is not a contest - but simply an image that we'll discuss. Positive as well as constructive suggestions are what will occur. HOWEVER - IF you wish to post your image but DO NOT WANT to be considered for critique - please say so in your caption. Images that show as a link will be deleted and you'll be asked to re-post. Newcomers and Pros are both welcome to post in this thread. The thread will be closed tomorrow - late in the day or early eve. Look for the choice on Wednesday. Please do not start the critique in this thread ;-) If I'm late posting the choice - someone send me an email.... I'm crazy busy helping Josh with Site help emails.. Cheers..</p>

<p>Busted -- Ringbearer in a fort made from a covered and lit head table. It's nice to break away from the usual wedding shots and get one with such a unique perspective. Original had focus blur issues, but was able to improve with some sharpening. Image has minimal post-processing beyond sharpening, relying on the fantastic expression the little boy gave after being "discovered" in his fort. I think it's a great result in the exercise of looking around, trying to find the moments at weddings.</p><div>00TrPP-151771584.jpg.223e7927d271539a3485876fa0ca095e.jpg</div>

<p>Spotted this location in the church while just "wandering" about looking for a fun place to take a creative shot after the long and boring formals are finally done ... I look for this type of shot to heal myself from the drudgery of formals, chuckle. Yes, I'm selfish and I want to capture a shot or two that make me smile and hope it gives the bride and groom a smile as well.</p>

<p>Shutter Speed: 1/60th ... f2.8 @ 17mm with the 17-55 IS canon lens ... ISO was 800 ... I'm pretty sure I puffed a wee bit o' the flash to the side to feather light onto their faces.</p>

<p>Notes: the bride has a "lazy eye" ... it's her left eye. She quietly told me during the engagement session and I downplayed it in a big way yet I tried, as much as possible, to shoot her with the left eye on the far side of the face to minimize but I never let it be a determining factor or change the mood or the fun. It was merely a quiet thought that I played with because I could tell she was concerned about it personally. </p>

<p>Also, the rug, the back brick wall and the entire church ceiling was brown ... so, yup, a bit of a warmish tone to wrestle with at times. No biggie, just a good thing to note at this location.</p><div>00TrxL-152109584.thumb.jpg.ced5a6183bb3d68a88b197686a42ba26.jpg</div>

<p>Shot During the Get Ready...the girls all got new boots for the Wedding...D300, 250/2.8, SB600, Tamron 17 - 55/2.8. The Bride Broke her arm on Monday before the Wedding on the 4th...So I tried to get shots not picturing the cast and her swollen hand. This seemed appropriate since it was a Country Style Wedding.</p>