New printer Epson SC-P600 & B&W

<p>Hi, Has anyone be able to compare printing in B&W with the SC-P600 versus the R3000s, when using matte papers like the Hahnemühle Photo Rag Ultrasmooth, or Permajet Portrait Velvet?<br>

I am quite happy with my R3000 which I use at 99% in B&W on matte papers, I am just wondering whether I could get some improvement by upgrading to the SC-P600.</p>

See Keith coopers review at

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/articles.php,

"So, a good colour managedworkflow,

good monitor calibration/profiling, paper choice and profiling, editing skills, and an appreciation of how best to handle aspects of

sharpening. That's before you even approach the content of the photos themselves...

If I had a perfectly good R3000 I'd not rush to update, but if I was perhaps printing from a smaller all-in-one style printer and wanted to

really push my print quality, then the SC-P600 is an excellent way to go.

Sure, it's producing slightly deeper blacks than before, but in reality you're probably not going to notice without detailed comparisons.

The performance numbers are improved, but more than often it's going to be the printer that will show the limits in your work, not vice

versa."

Andy Holmes

<p>Thank you for your answer, this review is exactly what I needed. It is clear that I could not get some noticeable improvement with this new printer. I will probably keep the R3000 until something goes wrong with it. Actually I am not 100% happy with it, there has been recently some strange rubber noise during fine art paper loading. No effect on the prints so far, but clearly there is something ageing in the box</p>