New Photos of Lindsey Wixson and My Refreshed Site!

jordan_p._h._stein

<p>Hello All,<br>

I recently moved to Paris for school and I have been shooting a lot with my beloved Mamiya c33. My new fashion work includes the super model Lindsey Wixson, who was just a pleasure to work with. <br>

Have any ideas or comments? Feel free to respond here or contact me on the site. </p>

<p><a href="http://www.jordanphstein.com">www.jordanphstein.com</a></p>

Jordan,

There's a lot of nice work there and the site is clean and easy to navigate. I especially like the Urban/Suburbs work.

You made a few choices that I would question. The main one is the diagonal sweep transition between images. Just

because you can doesn't mean you should. It's slow and distracting.

The editing with the Urban/Suburbs work is tight and consistent I love it. But the editing in the landscape work is a wreck

with a mix of different aesthetics and subjects. Generally speaking, it's really hard to mix black and white and color in the

same portfolio. I think if you want to show the grey, minimalist desert photos, great…or misty fall foliage, fine…or

contrasty B&W long exposures of waterfalls, okay. But you need to decide because having them all together dilutes your

work too much and it all ends up looking like student work.

One last nitpick — why doesn't the link to your blog just go to your blog? Why do I need another page with a link to the

real blog? This, incidentally, is sending me to yet another page from blogger saying I'm about to be redirected, which

redirects to itself. This looks like maybe a DNS issue or other bug that hasn't been worked out.