New photo.net/Adorama digital print service announced

Not sure if you've seen the latest version of the <a href="/">Home

Page</a>, but you'll find a link there to details of a new service

that photo.net and Adorama are offering to provide prints from your

digital files.

<p>

You can even get a free 8x10 print for just trying the service.

<p>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/adorama-pro-lab/">Check it out!</a>

Good question, but I don't know the answer.

There will be a forum setup for technical questions, and this would be a good one to ask. I'm not sure when the forum will be available.

I have questions too, like whether I can just mail a CD to them. Since I'm on a dialup internet connection uploading files (especially for large prints) could be very time consuming.

Bob, I'm in the process of setting up the forum. It is actually live right now, but I will put pointers to it in appropriate places a bit later today.

In answer to your question, the FAQ that comes with the Print Wizard says you can send them a CD, although I don't know whether there is a way for you to "mention" photo.net when you do that, so that we get "credit".

I downloaded the software and it seems to work fine (Win2000). They do suggest sending full size files for all prints though. For 36 4x6 prints that would be something like 75-100MB of data from my 10D and it's even ~40MB of data from my 3.3MP digicam. I don't think I'm likely to try that over a dialup line. Even for 10 prints from the 10D I'm looking at 20-30MB of data which is several hours via my dialup.

It would be great if there were a way to give credit to photo.net for files sent on CD.