New Nikon 17-35 & New Kittens

<p>Ah! Again we see the inverse relationship between focal length and cat population. It's just one of those mysteries of nature. The faster and wider the glass one gets, the more cats that seem to appear. <br /><br />Have fun, Ray! Both the lens and the felines will enrich your days, I'm sure. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Don't have her brother's photo yet</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Why not name him Nikon, Ray. :-)</p>

<p>But seriously, yes the 17-35 is one hardcore lens. There has been some discussion whether or not the 17-35 has been discontinued. I hope not because right now it is the only alternative to the newer 14-24 which can't take filters. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.</p>

<p>Thanks, everyone. Bruce ... I have also heard that from my local camera shop. I sold my Nikon 12-24 and 16-85 to help purchase this one. I'm preparing for fullframe in the near future. These two were my only DX lenses. I chose it over the 14-24 because it will be my walk around on my D300 and my wide on the D700. By the way, that photo was taken by the shelter. I hope to improve on that portrait. Maybe test the new lens if I can track down Isabella and Sam ... Ray.</p>

<p>Wow! Shadow and Kiri could be sisters. We got her at the Downey shelter along with Izzy. Allegedly the "Kiriko means "girl of the mist" but I wouldn't swear to anything found on the internet. Whatever, I'm happy with it. She's a bit twitchy, much harder to photograph.</p><div>00SkOO-115761684.JPG.26ac591638bcffa6671e23053bfc6be7.JPG</div>

<p>Such gorgeous boys and girls. Izzy, that was a close one! Shadow, I know it's tough to pose with a pink friend. Kiri, you need to learn how to relax (LOL) Bernie, you must have taken her/him in midday ... impossible to stay awake at that time. Here is Sam with his sister this morning. They have settled in just fine ... Ray.</p>

<p><i>> The faster and wider the glass one gets, the more cats that seem to appear.</i></p>

<p>It probably has something to do with SO's, and making them forget you just blew a thousand bucks on more glass. <i>"You did WHAT? Ooooh! Cute kitty-kitty-kitty! What were we talking about again?"</i></p>