DXO has updated the NIK plugin software collection. What's new - Nik Collection by DxO

I use NIK plugins in Photoshop CS5 as well as in Affinity Photo, running on a 2010 Mac Pro with High Sierra operating system. So far, the NIK plugins all work fine, but I wonder about compatibility in the next OS. I will wait and see. Although the $49 price seems reasonable, I am not sure that there are any significant improvements in the ColorEfex and SilverEfex plugins, which is mostly what I use in the NIK collection.

Does anyone have experience with the new plugins?

Not yet, I am currently downloading the trial. A bit reluctant to install the trial though - afraid I'd loose my currently installed set of plugins (photoshop cc) if something goes wrong. Not sure how much is really new and the current plugins are working for me - and not too hot on having to perpetually pay for another set of plugins.

Not yet, I am currently downloading the trial. A bit reluctant to install the trial though - afraid I'd loose my currently installed set of plugins (photoshop cc) if something goes wrong. Not sure how much is really new and the current plugins are working for me - and not too hot on having to perpetually pay for another set of plugins.

Dieter : For info it would appear that installing the "New" DxO Nik plugins will cause the removal of the original ( or Google ) Nik Plugins ~ this happens even if you install only the trial ~ It would pay to be prudent in approaching this !

• Like 1

There have been some reports of compatibility issues with recent versions of PS, LR, OS-X and Windows 10. DxO claims these have all been fixed. There are no new features mentioned in anything I have read including the announcement email I received from DxO.

• 2 weeks later...
DXO has updated the NIK plugin software collection. What's new - Nik Collection by DxO

I use NIK plugins in Photoshop CS5 as well as in Affinity Photo, running on a 2010 Mac Pro with High Sierra operating system. So far, the NIK plugins all work fine, but I wonder about compatibility in the next OS. I will wait and see. Although the $49 price seems reasonable, I am not sure that there are any significant improvements in the ColorEfex and SilverEfex plugins, which is mostly what I use in the NIK collection.

I have the Sierra OS on my iMac. Aside from Photoshop Elements 15, I also bought the NIK update bundle. I've found that, after using one of the NIK programs, and then viewing the resulting image in PSE15, the effects are exaggerated. I'll try the workflow that DxO suggested..

• 4 weeks later...