New Nature & Landscape Website!

stephen___jen_evans

<p>I can't say as how I like your organization. I want to look at pictures, not decide up front whether I want a print, a postcard, or some other product.<br>

I would suggest organizing by gallery or subject matter, putting up larger thumbnails so I don't have to click just to see the photo, and making product selection a secondary consideration.<br>

I understand that you want people to buy, but they need to browse first, and forcing them to browse by product before looking at pictures seems counter-intuitive to me.<br>

<Chas></p>

<p>I agree with Charles above. <br>

In addition, I find the watermark through the middle of the image pretty distracting. Somewhere off to the bottom or side would still accomplish the purpose. For a really deluxe web site, you should check out my friend Patrick Endres' site, www.alaskaphotographics.com. I know he does a substantial web business. </p>

<p>Thanks for the input......<br>

@Charles....as far as the layout....all of our products (when we eventually get them all) all come in the photos from the "prints" category. So our prints category <em>is</em> our "gallery" which is broken up by subject matter. Then all the other categories are just different options of what you can get with those photographs. I wanted to make it clear of what we have to offer right up front. Would it make more sense if we actually named it "gallery" instead of "prints"? <br>

@Steve....The reason i put the watermark more towards the middle is because i was worried that if it were off to the side then it could easily be cropped out and copied. Do you think i shouldn't worry about this? Also i checked out your friends site....he does beautiful work!</p>

<p>@Stephen<br>

I'd name it "Galleries" and then have sub-galleries below that. But the thumbnails have to be bigger so the visitor has some idea of what they are going to get/see.<br>

Don't make it difficult for the visitor/customer. It doesn't take much frustration to cause them to click away from your site and then you're lost. They'll never come back.<br>

<Chas></p>

<p>Ok....we already have subcategories....when you click on "galleries" (prints), it takes you to a page with all the categories that you can choose to look at. As far as the size of the thumbnails, im not sure if i have control over this, but i can look into it. The website is through Stores Online, which in a sense is a point and click design and i didnt choose the thumbnail size to begin with. But i will definitely see if i can. Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi<br /> just a first hand suggestion: if you want people to buy your pictures you have to allow them to have a "good" look at images, i.e. allow a much bigger enlargement<br /> I would never buy a photo I can only view a bit larger than a thumbnail.<br>

Some images are even with watermarks; you are so afraid someone could steal them to the point that you make them hardly viewable.<br>

Hope that helps<br /> Fabio<br /> http://www.imaginevenice.com</p>