New monitor - what about old profile?

<p>I just bought a new Dell U2413 monitor that is precalibrated for both sRGB and Adobe RGB. I had my old Dell monitor calibrated using my Spyder colorimeter. Is there anything I need to do with the profile from the prior calibration, or does the new monitor software I installed basically take its place? I just want to make sure the old profile isn't somehow affecting my new monitor's display. </p>

<p>Trash the old profiles, they are <strong>useless</strong>. In fact, it make sense to always name the profiles the same, so the software over-writes the older profiles. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Do you remove the older profiles in the Control Panel/Color Management/All profiles tab. I see an older profile named 1-Generic PnP monitor, that I believe is the profile from when I last calibrted the old monitor. However, when I click on remove I get a message "This color profile is a system default profile. Are you sure you want to remove it?"</p>