New MF Lensbaby 3G

george_stewart1

david b, spoken like someone who has never used a lensbaby. Yes, you could, but the lensbaby allows you to precisely and constantly change where you place the zone of focus, it's depth, and where it's out of focus, the 3G allowing you to "lock" it in too. If I did vaseline on the lens I would have had to clean and re-do it for each photo on a roll, and then have to decide in advance for each shot just where I want the clear and soft places to be before I frame my shot.

SF downtown rainy night ContaxRX Lensbaby2 Plus-X Diafine VS 11-2006 10

SF downtown rainy night ContaxRX Lensbaby2 ProMax400 Diafine VS 11-2006 19

macro, ben at park with emily ContaxRX Lensbaby2 Acros D-76 1-1 9min 20C 11-2006 22

macro, ben at park with emily ContaxRX Lensbaby2 Acros D-76 1-1 9min 20C 11-2006 12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/293145921/

Thanks, Wim. I wasn't thinking about shutters. I have the Hassy 203, so that wouldn't be

an issue...but i can imagine the lensbaby folks wouldn't make one of these for the much

smaller focal plane Hasselblad segment....

Michael -

You can also buy a thousand Pentax K1000s for the price of a Leica. What's your point?

Can i use a Holga on my 5D? Can i put a Holga on a medium format camera and use a

Polaroid back? Can i get a Holga that doesn't have light leaks and with a mechanism that

doesn't fail after two weeks? Holgas are great, but as i see it, the Lensbaby is far more

versatile, and offers more consistent, repeatable and variable results. Seems like those

attributes might make it worth 3 Holgas to a good number of people.