New lenses from Russia.

<p>there's much scepticism in Russia about this revival<br>

Мир-20М $250 w/out diaphragm control and with/a broad smile over 'unique evenness across the field'<br>

Гелиос 40-2 a top of late wave of dubious fad (8.000RUR against 20.000RUR is the main line of course) but strange marketing text claiming the 'corrected glass' ie no fun<br>

Телезенитар-М 2,8/135 $366 i'd better use $30 Таир-11 or even better buy a spare MD 135/2.8 for $60 (apochromatic glass sounds good but let's see how it works)</p>

<p>For the Canon EF mount, an alternative to these are the older Soviet-era lenses in M42 or other mount with an adapter. These include the excellent Helios (Гелиос) double-Gauss lenses.<br>

All power to the Zenit, however, for making the effort.</p>

<p>Actually it is a mixed feeling in Russia about it. Rumors (very well confirmed) say that there is more than 1000 preorders for H-40-2 right now. But there is a question if KMZ is capable to deliver? They promised Nikon and Canon mounts which are going to came at price. Anyway next summer if I am alive and well I am going to vizit Moscow and since Krasnogorsk is just few km away from my place I am going to stop by and see what I can afford</p>

<p>Well there seems to be some truth in all this.. but the accent is on some...... I did pay a visit to their sleepy little corner at Photokina. I really liked the their logo table. I think Kozma's comment hits home about being able to start up production. They are just testing the waters. "Sales People" tell you what they think you want to hear. I asked about a new release of the Helios, but they were quick to say that is the old name ..the new name is the Zenitar. Sleeping behind some dusty glass windows were a Modern Zenith with the 50mm, I was told the the silver 135mm with a great satin finish which I held and played with is/was available in Canon mount but this was a display only in silver and that the production would be in black. When I said Oh I like it silver, he told me it would be available in silver and black. Also backing Kozma, when asked about Nikon mounts ...he said it was planned but only if there was demand they wouold build it; I was told. I said I was pleased to see Russian glass back in the market, he told me it was really German glass and I winked and told him the lens designs certainly were German indeed. ( I think he thought I was German) A running display monitor ran all their binoculars some definitely military, but no camera lenses. Their whole presence was low key. I wonder if it really will go to production... they seemed not very comitted.. my impression! </p>

<div>00arS1-497697684.jpg.c7d8d507b8986796add47ad329cd146d.jpg</div>