See:

http://www.hasselblad.se/press/detail.cgi?new/998991600.txt

Deliveries of the new CFE lenses are expected to start at the end of

But not just good news:

"Following the introduction of the new CFE lenses, the FE lenses

Sonnar T*

2.8/150 mm and Tele-Tessar T* 4/250 mm will be discontinued."

Two less fast lenses...

"Following the introduction of the new CFE lenses, the FE lenses Sonnar T* 2.8/150 mm and Tele-Tessar T* 4/250

mm will be discontinued."

I would cancel the CFE and keep the FEs if it were me. Maybe those FEs don't sell: quite why I cannot imagine. Extra speed is always nice.

Robin Smith

Richard,

I wouldn't dare to say anything about the price difference. Apparently things are quite different depending on what part of the world you're in.

There currently are 3 Hasselblad cameras (perhaps more soon) that can use the lens' aperture information. They are all Hasselblad cameras that have built-in metering, which are (in numerical and alphabetical order ;-)) the 202 FA, the 203 FE and 205 TCC/FCC (counting these two as one).

They should re-introduce the 201F, as there needs to be an affordable introduction into the focal-plane line-up. I just picked mine up last month on eBay ($1025 U.S.) and am completely hooked. If getting into all the electronics for in-camera metering means hunting down only databus lenses AND upgrading all my filmbacks to E-models, then forget it. In fact, seeing as Hasselblad is now pushing databus-connection lenses so much, do you think they would eventually discontinue the A-12/A-24 filmback line-up and force us to buy the "E" backs?

Richard,

You have described the perfect low budget entry into the Hasselblad focal plane line-up: buy used. ;-)

You can have some of the benefits of built-in metering even without Databus lenses. It will mean stop-down metering, but it will work even faster perhaps than using a handheld meter.

Apropos no need for A-series backs since an E-series back does all the A-back does, and more, and at a higher price as well: don't go and put such ghastly ideas into our Swedish friends' heads...!!!