new GX85 and Fuji X-E2?

<p>Still looking for a coat jacket pocket carry around to have with me most of the time.<br>

The new Panasonic looks interesting. Best for me, it has an eye level finder.<br>

Any test or early release information as to how the images compare with the Fuji X-E2? <br>

Ask as the X-E2 is selling for very low prices these days. <br>

Size is OK for what I am looking at, now it is image quality to check out.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-gx85/panasonic-gx85A.HTM">here's</a> a detailed GX85 review. DPreview also has a sample gallery up. in terms of comparison with the XE2, both use 16 mp sensors with no AA filters, but the GX85's m4/3 sensor is much smaller than the Fuji's APS-C. What that means is you have a different focal length multiplier for lenses, and also differences at higher ISOs -- the Fuji will be cleaner past 800 and at larger print sizes. One factor to be aware of, too, is that m4/3 sensors give deeper native DoF, which comes into play if you are trying to use subject isolation with defocused backgrounds. you'll need ultrafast lenses to achieve the same separation, which besides being super pricey, are also manual focus. if i were considering the two models, i'd take a hard look at possible lenses. if you never go beyond the kit lens, there's no need, but a body as small as the GX85 works better with smaller lenses. same goes for the XE2. both have a lot of options as far as glass; m4/3 has more but the Fuji lenses are all optically excellent. The GX85 probably has more features overall, and is definitely a better choice if you shoot video as well as stills. But, IMO there is an inherent disadvantage in a smaller sensor, especially if you like low-light photography. As far as IQ, the XE2 is a known quantity and has the exact same IQ as other Fuji bodies with the same sensor. You have to like the Fuji colors, which many say are great for skin tones and less great for landscapes. </p>

Neither of these cameras is really what I'd call jacket pocket small. I'd go check one in a store before committing, if that's

the priority.

But if all you're asking about is image quality - get the Fuji. It's the same sensor and image processing as the X-T1. And every lens in the lineup is excellent.

<p>an XE2 would be "jacket pocketable" with the 27mm pancake, less so with the 18-55 kit lens. the GX85 with the 12-32 is pretty svelte -- to go smaller, you're probably looking at an RX100 with a fully-retractable lens. but i would want a faster lens on an m4/3 body, since 5.6 max aperture at the long end is a limiting factor with that sensor size.</p>