New Firmware Canon R5 and R6

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by macwest, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Mark Keefer likes this.
  2. Bug fixes? I just installed it and no issues. But what's coming in March? Any new features?

3. in addition to this Version 1.5.1, we are in the process of developing an update to further optimize AF operations. We plan to publish details of the revised firmware in late March and will make an announcement on the Web site.

Mark Keefer likes this.
  4. "macwest," do you work for Canon?

5. OK, When you said "we" are working on another update I thought you had some inside info.

6. Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  7. This is a big update. The eye focus is very sticky now and my 800mm rf is now sharp not needing any structure applied in capture 1.

8. I've updated with no issues. The good news is that the folks who were reporting freezes using certain teles and converters are no longer experiencing those freezes. And yes, the AF does in fact work better.

peter_c|5 likes this.
  9. On the subject of firmware updates, can you skip an update and then install a later update? I have the Canon R6 that has never been updated with the latest firmware. Thanks for your help.

10. Yes, you can skip an update. I’ve just updated my R5 from 1.5.0 to 1.5.2. I sometimes don’t update for some minor issue, like catering for a new lens I don’t and am unlikely to own.