New feature on the (beginners) forum?

<blockquote>

<p>You have exceeded number of allowed posts per day for this forum. Maximal number of posts is 4.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I've seen this message for the first time today; is it a new feature of the beginner's forum, or the forums in general? Anti-spam measures? Is it across all forums, or only on specific ones?<br /> <br />Can't be because there is so much traffic these days on this site - in a way, I find it kind of alarming that contributions are now being limited while the activity on the site is already so low.</p>

<p>It's anti-spam. We were hit with LOTS of spam last week and the restriction on the beginners forum was one of the measures we took to keep it under control since the spammers were hitting that forum particularly hard.</p>

<p>Maybe we can try lifting that restriction and see if the spammers have given up on us. Temporarily I've increased it to 10 posts/day.</p>

<p>Just a few days ago I received an PN email notification of a new member messaging me from PN with just the word "Hello" in the subject title. No text to indicate a message.</p>

<p>I checked the new member's PN Profile and it shows they signed up the very day they sent the message. I immediately clicked the "Report" option in the PN messaging interface. <br /> <br />Are these the typical signs to look for on whether it's PN spam?</p>