New acquisition - Auto 110

snik75

<p>Some mail order places still handle it. Clark Color Labs are pretty cheap, but turn around time isn't particularly fast, even with 35mm. Their quality ranges from poor to just acceptable most of the time, unfortunately, at least for prints. Their scans to CD aren't that great either so Clark Lab (or similar York Labs) would be a last resort for me if I were shooting 110. If I used a place like that I'd just get the smaller prints and rescan the negatives myself to get better prints.<br>

At one time the local Wal Mart offered send-out for 110, not sure if they still do. <br>

BTW, if you can get film and processing, look for the accessory lenses for the Auto 110. There's a wide angle, short tele, and even a zoom. The lenses have an unusual design: there is no diaphragm in the lens, but instead it is built into the camera.</p>

<p>I used to to sell those cameras back in 1978, the complete kit with flash, winder, and three lens was over $350 and were pretty easy to sell at that price. They never gave any problems, and most people thought 35mm was only for serious photographers then.<br>

Even though at the time I only shot medium format myself, because I shot portraits. Labs did most retouching on the negative, 35mm was too small to retouch. Times have changed a little, digital and photo shop.</p>

<p>Thanks all! I had read online the Walmart still had 110 film, but I think that may have been outdated. I think I will try a roll before I start looking at other lenses... oh who am I kidding, I am already watching a few auctions. The 70mm is supposed to be especially great. I see there is an adapter for micro 4/3, has any one tried that?</p>