never used Rolleiflex 2.8E

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by karl_keung, Jan 7, 2008.

1. I recently acquired a never used 2.8E, which comes with the red ribbon, wooden take up spool and sillica gel capsule. is there a way to remove the ribbon without breaking it?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Dang! Why would you want to remove it? It's a work of art!

3. Pay attention. It shows how film goes in.

It is also probably proof of it being new and unused .

4. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

5. actually, it doesn't look like it shows how the film goes in.. it doesn't seem to be going through the counter rollers.

Man, that's a pretty camera! I don't do the "mint" thing, but I think I'd have a tear in my eye as I removed that ribbon.....

6. I would leave it this way. You are probably going to loose a couple a hundred bucks by
    removing the ribbons. May be even more. This is a collectors item not a user camera.

7. I usually think that cameras are for USE, but, in this case, I'd think about selling this mint camera, buying a "merely" excellent 2.8E, paying for a first rate CLA and using the left over money to buy something else :)

8. I think I will leave it that way, it has earned it, I must preserve it for the future generations. the stud also appears to be a fixed one, meaning it is not those studs found on one's shirt. I don't think later Rolleiflex 2.8F came with this ribbon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. I think I will leave it that way, it has earned it, I must preserve it for the future generations. the stud also appears to be a fixed one, meaning it is not those studs found on one's shirt. I don't think later Rolleiflex 2.8F came with this ribbon.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Build a bullet proof case and put a small pillow in it and let the rollei rest there and be admired :Just look at that shine ,many people are chocking up when they look at that beauty : I would admire it and see about selling it to a collector and do as Mr Marvin and other state here: Ohhhhh what a find:

11. personally I think 2.8E is the most beautiful 2.8, it is the heaviest when compared with 2.8D and 2.8F. I had a white face 2.8F before, but I just felt the white face is less well/solid constructed as the earlier ones. as said above, it is simply beautiful, and it smells goods too, real leather cover, as opposed to the plastic cover adopted by those late 2.8Fs.

12. Cut the ribbon and make art with it! It's like owning a car and never driving it.

Can you tell that I'm not a collector? Better yet, sell it and buy a user 2.8E and several cases of film.

13. HI there,

Just out of curiosity, is this camera in Japan? Where did you buy this piece of art? Based on the magazine you used as a backdrop, there might be a Japan connection somewhere? What magazine is it? I wouldn't mind reading it as well?

Cheers,
    Nick

14. Man, wonderfully beautiful camera. Congrats on your purchase.

15. Hello Karl - cautious greetings from England! Hasn't anyone on this fine forum alerted you of the extreme danger you are in? What you have is NOT a camera. It is what we in Bomb Disposal call an "RDD" (radiological dispersal device) which in brief means it is a radiological weapon which combines radioactive material with conventional explosives - a dirty bomb in other words. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES TAMPER WITH THE FUSE (fuses often resemble innocent looking ribbons by the way) This is what you must do straight away: Wrap the device carefully in several layers of bubble wrap, then place it in a stout cardboard box, seal it, then call this number immediately [+44] (0) 1963-868424. I will arrange collection by a member of my squad at no cost to you whatsoever. Here's the last one we had by the way......
    00Nyeh-40913084.jpg

16. Hi Peter, I will consider your proposal seriously :)
    [​IMG]

17. Your generosity is exceeded only by your personal charm!

In all seriousness, what a wise collector you are. Fabulous.....

18. Peter: thanks and appreciate our mutual love for the fine things in life, looking back at the film age, only a few is worth owning.
    Nick: I bought it from a friend, whose father bought the camera in 1959. The magazine at the background is indeed a Japanese camera magazine, amazing read.
    [​IMG]

19. a few pages in that magazine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Thanks for sharing.......

And, of course, let's not forget the now seldom talked-about "Tele-Rollei" which was a wonderful tool. Granted, not as pretty looking as the 2.8E, but a fine maker of pictures all the same.

I have to this day B&W negs AND prints that I took of my children growing up more than 40 years ago!

I look at them today with mist filled eyes [at the bromide prints I mean, not my children :) ] and now understand the old saying "progress does not always mean moving in a forward direction."

21. This camera belongs in a museum (The Museum of Modern Art?)

I could take it there personally so as to ensure the safest delivery. Just email me and we can work out the details.

All seriousness- buy a used one and treasure this for the next 1000 years - it is a work of art.

22. I am speechless. Absolutely beautiful. This camera deserves cotton glove treatment. Yes it is yours, but it belongs to future generations.

23. We should start a dating agency - I've been looking for a mate for my virginal Rollei T. It's the only one I have in my collection with a red ribbon and I can make room in the cabinet beside it for yours where they could live together happily ever after. You would be welcome to visit both any time of course!

Surely, these two are very rare cameras now.

24. I am speechless. Absolutely beautiful.
    What more can I say?

25. What a great piece of ART!

Would you mind sharing the price you purchased it for? I really wonder!

Thanks
    Tim

26. Hi Tim, Don't know whether you are asking the question of Karl Keung who started this thread, but I bought mine from a fellow collector about 8 years ago and paid ?650. It took me over 20 years of looking here and abroad before I found one. They are extremely rare in this condition.
    Charles.