into a problem. Remember when I told you that the pictures have a locked icon

on them, when I uploaded? Well I'm not able to save them anywhere on my

desktop or in a folder. Do you have any suggestions?"

She told me friday that the pix had a locked icon and she was going to double

check and make sure that she did not have any issues ordering prints. I have

burned a dvd of my other weddings for those clients and none have have came

back with any issues.... I can burn another one and see if its better. I am not

the most computer literate person and just wanted to see if you all had any

ideas. I use Vista (grrrr) and burnt this one the same way as the others.

It may not be the way or the program that you are using to burn the CD/DVD, but it may be her computer. When you burn to a CD-R or DVD-R disk, the files get marked as Read Only, and there is nothing that you can really do about that. I wonder if her computer isn't having a problem with that for some reason.

You need to post how you are burning the disk and what OS and program she is using trying to access it.

Re-burn them on CD's, not DVD's. I have had plenty of clients not able to read the DVD's I used to burn. After trips to the computer store trying to get an explanation as to the difference between the different types of DVD burners and readers, I usually leave more confused than less. I stopped burning DVD's about a year ago. Everyone, both wedding and commercial gets CD's. My problems have stopped.

Thanks guys, this is the response she sent me "The whole process was just odd when I entered then into my computer. When my computer first read the dvd, it only gave me to option to upload the pictures with my program I was telling you abut. Normally that program pops up, but I also get the choice to open a new folder on my desktop. So I started up loading the pictures and it really did take forever. I don't know, it's all crazy" I cant remember what program she said she had. I burnt them the same way I normally do when I open up the file I clicked on burn at the top and just put the dvd in... Maybe it is an issue with the dvd vs cd thing.

Is it a Windows machine or a Mac? What program does she usually use to "upload" photos?

"Choice to open a new folder on my desktop" sounds like it is really is "Choice to open a folder" on a Windows machine. In that case, it doesn't sound like there is any issue reading the disk.

Sounds like she might be selecting "open a folder" and not realizing that the folder is on the disk and not the desktop. And maybe she is trying to create a new folder on the DVD instead of on her hard drive and dragging/copying the files from the disk to the new folder.

When you make a disk, do you put all the files in the top level of the disk or in a sub-folder? It's cleaner to put them in a sub-folder labeled something like "Ben and Mary's Wedding" so when the client opens the disk they can just drag the folder to their computer instead of having to select all the files.

The client needs help more from a her local computer tutor than her wedding photographer. Or maybe there's an alternate computer where she can try copying the files.

This is just a case of the client not being too computer savvy.

Plus you are taking the chance that the bride has an old computer: 512K memory and a 20Mb hard drive. That the bride's computer can read a DVD disk is one thing, but having space on her computer's hard drive is another "unknown" for you to figure out.

Good luck!

Okay, I talked to her again and she has a fairly new computer and uses Xp and she can usually use dvds. She said she uses Correl Photo or something like that and it usually puts everything in there and gives her the option to open to view files via windows, etc. She said she did not have the latter option and Correl took forever and now they are locked. I told her to put it in again and run her disk drive and hopefully it will work. Thanks yall. Does anyone else have this issue ever?