I have arial photos of an area in which i'm working. I would like to stamp a

grid that corresponds with the land survey description onto the photo so that i

can calibrate it in my GPS software. The grid is 6 sqares high by six sqares

across and because the photos are not all exactly the same size would have to

be able to scale it to fit.

I have basic skills in photoshop but need help with drawing an evenly spaced

grid and I don't know how to put it on the photo. Any help is greatly

apreciated.

Which will need to be scaled the image or the grid? If it is the grid, go to the Custom Shape tool and click on the shape palette. One of the standard custom shapes is a 6 x 6 grid. The retain squares hold down the Shift key as you drag out a new shape layer you can always use Edit>Free Transform (path) to change the proportions.

Will

Adobe CTI Photoshop<div>00ImTN-33488784.thumb.jpg.655dd0bcbbefa38b55f5a0b9784e6ddc.jpg</div>

Okay, two problems with the example I posted last night (crossing 6 time zones is getting to me!

First, the example I posted was 3 x 3 and second I just realized the 6 x 6 shape I have is a custom (not a standard shape) that I have.

The link below is the 6 x 6 shape.

Windows users can right mouse click (Mac control click) on the link and save the linked file as "6 x 6 Grid.csh" . What you have downloaded is the a custom shape file. You can't open it in Photoshop, it goes in your Custom shapes folder. Go to your Photoshop folder on your hard drive Photoshop CS2>Presets>Custom Shapes. Once you have restarted Photoshop the custom shape will be available to your Custom Shapes palette but you will have to load the shape.

Go to the custom shape tool then in the option bar click on the shape palette. Click on the Shape Palette options (the triangle in the upper right corner of the opened shape palette) and click an drag down to "6 x 6 Grid" The shape is now loaded into Photoshop.

Sorry for the confusion and the goof on my part. It's been a long trip home. :-)

Will