Need suggestions: EIZO S2233W or NEC P221W?

<p>I need a new display for my Windows XP PC and after reading a lot on the net I've found these two models: EIZO S2233W and NEC P221W. I'm coming from a CRT display and I need a 22" LCD display mainly for photo editing purpose and general office. I love photography, but I'm not a pro user, so I have a limited budget. I've found that these two displays can fit my needs and can be a good reliable solution tha lasts several years... I know that the NEC has an internal 10 bit LUT for hardware calibration with SpectraView II software, but unfortunately I live in Europe and NEC applies a different selling policy here. I cannot buy SV software but they sell a calibration kit (SV software, colorimeter and hood) for an absurd price that is higher than the price of the display itself! So I was thinking to buy a Spider 3 Pro colorimeter, to properly calibrate my new device.<br>

Have you got any suggestions or experiences to share about these theme? Would you buy the NEC or the EIZO display?<br>

Thank you in advance for your help.<br>

ALBERTO. </p>

<p>There is a European version of BasICColor that you’d get instead of the US SpectraView II software that drives the NEC. I’d get something like a ColorMunki (not sure if that version supports that newer instrument as it does in the US) or an EyeOne Display-2. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

• 1 month later...