need some D800 files

chris_letts

<p>Can anyone point me to a place where I can download a few D800 full resolution RAW (ie nef) files ?<br>

I'd like to experiment with download/editing times for these large files, compared to my normal D200 nefs<br>

And yes, I already spent 30 minutes trawling the internet and couldn't find any genuine files 'straight from the camera' - they'd all been already manipulated or changed to dng/tif/whatever when I want the NEF !</p>

<p>thanks for the links.<br>

An initial trial suggests (as you might expect) the D800 files take 4 times longer to upload. Also upload via USB2 took 2.5 times longer than using a card reader. Of some interest is that it didn't make any difference to the upload times by uploading to SSD rather than HDD (i.e. the bottleneck was the reader/usb rather than the storage drive). A quick test of simple editing such as light&contrast adjustment / unsharp/ etc suggests that file editing of the d800 files takes only slightly longer. <br>

I'm really impressed with the image resolution of the D800 pictures though !</p>

<p>That's odd because the huge D800 files doesn't seem to take me any longer to save on adjusted images either PROVIDED they're saved as nefs. If I take a nef file, then save to jpeg, indeed the process time is 3-4 times greater, but I don't very often convert to jpeg so doesn't bother me.<br>

My initial thoughts are that nobody should really worry about the increased processor load or load & save times for D800 files. If your PC is OK now, it won't make much difference, but if your PC is slow now maybe you will notice it and get frustrated by the extra time.<br>

Load times from memory card don't bother me either - I don't sit and watch them loading, just do something else for a while !</p>