need pacemaker speed graphic parts ...

jnanian

hi

i have a speed graphic in need of rail (yoke) guide blocks .. these are the tiny guides

that the rail (front standard is on it) and they are afixed in the camera "box" ...

i havecontacted the usual suspects with little luck.

anyone have a junk camera (4x5) they can harves these items from?

(fingers crossed)

john

I need exactly these same parts to fix a friends camera. After checking around, my guess is that bodies become junk mostly because of this part. People try to close the camera without retracting the rails, shearing off the guides. Second option is to make some. I was hoping to avoid this due to pure laziness, but it's probably the best solution. I've already made the CAD drawing from the originals. It's a matter of machining a strip, cutting them off, and drilling the necessary holes. Anybody else out there need these?

hey conrad

i figured something out ( and soon after, this person i know who wrote a camera

repair book & sells cameras &c called me and suggested the same thing) ...

if you switch left to right and reverse them ( making the front the back and the back

the front) it will remedy the problem.

it took me a little while to remove the bellows from the camera ( u-clips) but the

"swap" took nearly no time at all. the rails are fine. the hardest thing was taking off

and putting the bellows back on again.

- john

hi there

i contacted stephen shuart, and he told me that he has none of these products in

stock. last night i reversed and swapped the yoke blocks, as suggested by a friend

who sells cameras, and wrote a book on camera repair. while there are still portions

of the yoke blocks that are sheered off, they are at the very back of the camera-box

and do not effect camera operations in any way shape or form.

unlike the suggestion that was made to me on graflex.org, the blocks fit perfectly

with no modifications needed ...

thanks for your interest and your help!

john