Need Minolta SRT expert for repair

alan c.

Hi, I have a couple of Minolta SRT cameras, a SRT 101 and a SR 505, both need a

little love, CLA, and repair.

There's Sherry Krauter for Leicas, Krimar for Rolleiflex, experts in Hasselblad,

Olympus, out there...

Who is THE person to go to for Minolta SRT?

Haven't been able to find anyone like that online.

Thanks in advance!

I've always used <a href="mailto:jtcamera@aol.com">John Titterington</a>. He knows the

mechanical Minoltas inside and out, but not so with the (later) electronic ones (eg., XGs). For SRTs

and SRs, he's Da MAN. (All my 35's are SRTs.)</p>

<p>There's also a Garry somebody who gets mixed reviews. Some <em>love</em> him while

others tell all kinds of horror stories. I have no direct experience with him so I can't

say.</p>

<p>Another tech who works on SRTs, etc. is Carol Miller at <a

href="http://www.flutotscamerarepair.com/">Flutot's</a>. Her reputation is with large

format stuff (4x5, 8x10...), but she does mechanical 35mm cameras, too. She's a helluva

tech and a great human being!

I would say THE Minolta repair guy is Mark Hama (www.markhama.com). I am surprised nobody has mentioned him yet, since his name is all over any Minolta forum you care to visit as soon as the question regarding repair crops up. John Titterington has a comparable cult following, but as far as I know he doesn't specialize in Minolta the same way Mark does. The other recommendations you got are for people somebody might have had good experiences with, but Mark and John are the people everybody talks about when it comes to Minolta repairs. Of course I haven't used either of them, because I am cheap, and for misers like myself Garry's Camera Repair (www.garryscamera.com), provides a low cost alternative for CLAs and fixing of common problems. Garry doesn't do out of the ordinary stuff though, and his market niche clearly is to be cheap (he offers a fixed price!) rather than being the best.