Need help with profile settings in Photoshop

I have a Dell P2715Q and use CS6.

I want the color profile to be the same in CS6 as it is in Camera Raw 7.1(the window that the raw file opens with in CS6).

I have tried a lot of different settings in Proof Setup, Color Setting, Assign Profile and Convert Profile, but never get it right.

I also want the same color profile when I save the files as a jpg.

Someone here who knows how to fix it?

What color profile are you referring to?

The profile that ends up encoded in the data FROM raw is placed there IN Camera Raw; embedded into the document. I suspect you need to view this video on how Photoshop's color settings work:

Photoshop CC's Color Settings & the Convert to Profile and Assign Profile command.

This new video covers everything you thought you wanted to know about the Photoshop Color Setting dialog. It also discusses the Convert to Profile Command and the Assign Profile Command. Photoshop CC 2017 is used in this video and it updates the video on this subject I Published on June 28, 2012.

High Rez: http://digitaldog.net/files/PhotoshopColorSettings.mp4

Low Rez (YouTube):

• Like 1

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

I do not have CS6 plus Camera Raw 7.1. I tested this with Photoshop Elements 14 plus Camera Raw 9.5. So experience might be different.

If You want to output jpegs, You likely want them to be in sRGB color space, so they display nicely with allmost any device. Many online printers like images to be in sRGB too. Most simple way to achieve this is to set camera colorspace to sRGB or if older nikon the desired equivalent (see manual) and set camera to record jpeg.

You write of Camera Raw so most likely Your images are recorded in raw mode. It appears that Camera Raw 9.5 does not follow incamera color profile setting, but allways uses sRGB. I did not expect this, but it is fine when one is aiming to jpeg output.

Back in CS2 days workflow was like camera set to sRGB (this was not so critical with raw) , CS2 color setting North America Web/Internet, in Camera Raw > Show workflow options - check space sRGB, and when saving jpeg remember to include ICC Profile.

• Like 1

I do not have CS6 plus Camera Raw 7.1. I tested this with Photoshop Elements 14 plus Camera Raw 9.5. So experience might be different.

If You want to output jpegs, You likely want them to be in sRGB color space, so they display nicely with allmost any device. Many online printers like images to be in sRGB too. Most simple way to achieve this is to set camera colorspace to sRGB or if older nikon the desired equivalent (see manual) and set camera to record jpeg.

You write of Camera Raw so most likely Your images are recorded in raw mode. It appears that Camera Raw 9.5 does not follow incamera color profile setting, but allways uses sRGB. I did not expect this, but it is fine when one is aiming to jpeg output.

Back in CS2 days workflow was like camera set to sRGB (this was not so critical with raw) , CS2 color setting North America Web/Internet, in Camera Raw > Show workflow options - check space sRGB, and when saving jpeg remember to include ICC Profile.

I forget to mention that I use a Nikon D800.

Is is possible to export the Nikon D800 profile to Camera Raw/CS6?

Camera Raw 7.1 and D800 should be compatible. If by profile You mean Picture Controls, I do not think it is possible. But there likely are somewhat similar options in camera raw rendering options, like Adobe Standard, Camera Neutral, Camera Vivid, etc...

I forget to mention that I use a Nikon D800.

Is is possible to export the Nikon D800 profile to Camera Raw/CS6?

There is no D800 profile you can export per se. There is a profile used to render the raw data, after which you encode that data into an RGB working space like sRGB (ugh), Adobe RGB (1998), ProPhoto RGB (best) etc. IF you're shooting JPEG, you get sRGB or Adobe RGB (1998) based on the camera setting. Nothing to assign, the camera places this tag into the JPEG.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)