Need help recalling the name of a photographer

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by robertshults, Jan 31, 2010.

1. While doing research for an upcoming project, I was attempting to find a particular body of work that I had seen some time ago, but did not bookmark. Of course, now I can't find it again. If any of the following rings a bell to anyone, I'd greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
    The series depicted life in a nursing home with black and white images which were generally grainy and often largely blurred (or at least shot with very narrow depth-of-field). The compositions were frequently "unbalanced" and generally unorthodox, with subjects faces often relegated to the extreme edges of the frame. This work was made in a style quite similar to that of Trent Parke, Paolo Pellegrin, or Alex Majoli. In fact, I thought at first that is was made by one of the three. It does not appear to be. I was certain that it must, therefore, have been made by another Magnum photographer, but I just can't seem to track the work down.
    Any ideas?

2. Not sure...perhaps Antonin Kratochvil, Eugene Richards or Alexandra Boulat?
    Michael J Hoffman

3. Excellent suggestions, but none are the exact photographs I am seeking. I did look over Kratochvil and Boulat's work, as I thought I might have mistaken a VII photographer for a Magnum member, but to no avail.
    Kratochvil's style is very close to the mark though and it is a style reference I need, not necessarily the institutional subject. Thank you, that is indeed helpful.
    I would still like to track down the work I was originally seeking, however. I am working my way through the Magnum portfolios now. By my best estimation, the "photographers" page contains some 4,000 images, so blindly searching will take me some time. Wish me luck...

4. You can always search with keywords, " nursing homes " for example.