Need Advice on Wine Bottle Reflective Light Issue

hoi_kwong

<p>I'm learning highly reflective bottle photography. When shooting red wine bottle (with wine inside), I have problem to get rid of reflective light (flash or continue light, 45 degree L/R) on the bottle, even my face and camera image are reflected on the glass bottle. I tried different angle to deploy lighting or adding softbox but no luck. What's wrong with my set up ? </p>

<p>Shoot the glass in a light-tent, or otherwise surround the bottle(s) with white reflective and/or black surfaces to define the reflections and shading you want. It's then a simple matter of getting light onto the reflective surfaces rather than directly on the bottles. If you want to show the colour of the wine you'll have to backlight the bottles or use small shaped reflectors carefully placed directly behind the bottles. If you want a more realistic setting, think of placing the bottle in a small model of a room. The 'room' will be reflected in the bottle and visible to the camera. The scale will be completely lost in a 2 dimensional image.</p>

<p>Hide reflections of the camera by shooting through a small hole in a white or black reflector board. And keep light off yourself and the camera to begin with! Large quantities of black material or card/paper are probably the order of the day. If you have a shift lens you can move the lens reflection off-centre to a position where it's less noticeable. Any remaining reflections will need to be removed in post, which is often easier and quicker than trying to completely eliminate them in camera.</p>

<p>If you do a search for Steve Sint's name on this forum you'll likely find some excellent tutorials on shooting glass and other shiny objects.</p>

<p>Thanks for all advice. <br>

I tried to shoot it in a tent with main light on top of wine bottle with 3 sides in white reflective cloth but my image of holding camera was still on the bottle. Likely, I need to do more practice or bigger softbox. </p>