Need Advice - Canon's Digital Photo Professional Keeps Crashing

<p><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">I need some advice

about how to troubleshoot Canon's DPP imaging software, which I have come to prefer as my favorite RAW

processor for 5D files.</span><br>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: blac

k; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">DPP

routinely freezes and then kicks me out whenever I open a new folder of RAW images.  Whenever I begi

n to open a file and watch the thumbnail images start to load on the monitor, an error window sudde

nly pops open and says something like "Microsoft has encountered a program and needs to close". The program ne

ver occurred when I first started to learn DPP months ago, but now it occurs so frequently that I

cannot use DPP at all with newer RAW images.  I can usually open up older JPEG image folders a

nd review or edit them, but even then, DPP sometimes crashes in the middle of a work flow.</span><br>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">I have reinstal

led the latest version of DPP (version 3.5.1) more than once, and also called Canon customer service 

several times, with no assistance rendered.  Nothing works.</span><br>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR

: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">My review of this problem

in the archives of Photo.net, FLickr and other forums gives very little direction, and virtually all of the a

rchived discussions talks about DPP crashing on Apple systems.  I can find nothing about Windows being affected,

though that is my problem.</span><br>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','s

ans-serif'">My computer, which runs on&

nbsp;Windows XP, has been thoroughly checked for registry errors, viruses, malware, etc., and al

l is clean.  My computer has 2 gig of RAM memory running and plenty of remaining hard drive capacity.&n

bsp; The start-up menu has also been cleared of all unnecessary applications that might task the processor of

RAM memory.  I even turn off my Trend Micro virus/internet security program when I try to use DPP.</sp

an><br>

<span style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">Before I completely g

ive up on DPP, I hope to re

ceive any guidance about how to fix the problem.  Thanks in advance for any advice.</span><br>

&nbsp

;</p>���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

������������������������������

�������������