Need a bag upgrade for my D300, kit zoom & flash

russelharris

<p>Hi</p>

<p>Im currently using a <strong>Kata R101</strong> to carry all my gear, plus a small notebook, and my old, small <strong>Lowepro Film organiser </strong>bag for daytrips with my D300 + attached kit lens.</p>

<p>The problem is I cant fit anything else into the Lowepro and there are plenty of times I would love to have my 35 DX prime or SB-700 along as well.</p>

<ul>

<li>I was thinking a box-shaped sling-type bag would be ideal, </li>

<li>with a zip that opened around the top rim of the bag (maybe two zips with a handle attached to open both at the same time for quick access?); and </li>

<li>a pouch attached to the front for a cellphone, wallet etc. </li>

</ul>

<p>Hey, as long as I am fantasizing why not combine it with a Camel-back water container?</p>

<p>So, while the last point isn't mandatory I was wondering in anyone on P.net had suggestions for a bag for me?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>R</p>

<p>Personally I like the Lowepro Classified Sling. I use the 220, but I need the space for a laptop. The 180 is plenty big enough for a D300 + kit lens + 35mm f/1.8 + SB-700. If you want a cell pouch, just buy a slip-lock pouch that easily attaches to the sling-pack's strap.</p>

<p>Hope this helps,<br>

RS</p>

<p>Thanks guys!</p>

<p>I managed to check out a few more bags this evening and concluded that I need something that will only take the D300, 18-70; and 35 DX / flash; nothing more.</p>

<p>IOW, I intend leaving the netbook behind so I can focus on taking pics, not shlepping a big bag.</p>

<p>Also the bag would have to have a side or front pocket - not an add-on pouch for my wallet, cell, etc.</p>

<p>I think that narrows it down. </p>