NEC announces LCD2690WUXi2 monitor

NEC shows this monitor on its web site, apparently an upgraded version of to highly regarded LCD2690WUXi. NEC

claims 97.8% coverage of the AdobeRGB color space, compared to 93.8% for the "non-2" model. The contrast of

the new model is listed as 1000:1 at 320 cd/M2, compared to 800:1 at 400 cd/M2 for the older model. Provantage

lists the "2" on their website at ~$150 more expensive than the non-2 model, and as "special order" with no estimate

of delivery date. Has anyone seen this new monitor, and are the improved specifications of any real value? (Andrew

Rodney??) Is the new model worth waiting for, compared to ordering the non-2 model now for quick delivery?

As Frans said.

Having the version 1, when i compare it to my Apple Cinema Display just beside, i can see some subtle difference in the color shade..and the Apple is i think only showing 64% of the Adobe RGB..vs 93% for my NEC.

So i dont think i will see the difference of my 93% vs 97% for the version 2. As for the luminance, since you need to drop it to 110-120..i dont see the point of having it to 400?!

Still, if i had to buy one, i would have take the version 2 because i like having the latest model when i buy material. Its like getting CS3 vs CS4...if you can take the latest model.

But i wouldtn wait in need more than a couple of days to get it, and if money is a concern, i would take the version 1 + the color kit to calibrate it well.