NC-E2 Charger Questions

chris_koffend

<p>I have a question that I am having a tough time finding a clear answer to. I have the standard NC-E2 battery charger for a 1dii camera body. I have two batteries. I know how the charging side of things works, but am unclear on the "Refresh" side of things.<br>

I hooked up both batteries and pressed the "Refresh" button for both, then went to lunch. One of the lights is solid orange and the other is a slow blinking orange. I am assuming the slow blinking orange is in line to be "Refreshed" when the first one is done (since only one charges at a time). My questions are:<br>

Q1: If the battery that is "Refreshing" was completely drained in the camera, approx. how long should the "Refresh" take? I have not "Refreshed" before.<br>

Q2: Since the second batter "Refresh" light is still blinking, is there any harm in disconnecting this battery as long as it is still blinking and presumably not doing anything but waiting?<br>

Q3: If I unplug the second battery with the slow "Refresh" blink and plug it back in without pushing the "Refresh" button, will it charge while the other was is "Refreshing"? Any risk to doing this?<br>

Thanks for your replies and I need to find a manual since I don't think I have mine anymore for the NC-E2.</p>

<p>Q1 - According to the NC-E2 documentation ( <a href="http://www.rtope.com/mi/NC-E2_Instructions.pdf">http://www.rtope.com/mi/NC-E2_Instructions.pdf </a> - this is transcribed from the original Canon document ) a refresh of a fully charged battery pack can take 8.5 hours to be discharged followed by 100 minutes to charge. A completely discharged pack should take considerably less time to discharge.</p>

<p>Q2 - I've done this with no ill effects.</p>

<p>Q3 - According to the documentation that is how it works.</p>

<p>Dick,<br>

Thanks for your detailed reply and link to the manual. I did unplug the pending to be charged battery (pending completion of the first battery "Refresh") and plugged it back in. It immediately began charging and took just over 1 hour for the indicator to signal a complete charge.</p>