Nature Unlimited June 15 2018

DawsonPointers

"This is the additional weekly image thread for the Nature Forum. While images posted to this thread should still be nature in theme, it may contain a small amount of human-made objects and therefore less restricted than the Monday in Nature threads. Please see this discussion for more details: Alternative weekly thread in Nature forum

Each participant please post no more than just one image per weekly thread."

The Uruguay Weather Service (INUMET) issued a weather warning for polar air (Antarctic) covering the country. Temperatures could feel as low as 3˚C. Having moved here from Canada, it made us chuckle a bit; but, if you aren't prepared for it and can't get out of it, it is no laughing matter. This is from Canada before we moved here. Perhaps if you are headed into a heat wave where you live, it will help.2052012961_FrostonaPine.thumb.jpg.0a168a677385c2b58a7f900857cf8409.jpg

• Like 1

I found these two Giant Puffball Mushrooms growing in our yard. The larger one measures 12" to 13" in diameter. Supposedly, they are edible if the inside is pure white. So, you have to cut the mushroom in half to tell. I am hesitant, so I will just watch it and see if it grows larger. 928552942_giantpuffballs.thumb.jpg.865b603a8142fe63f414fa0dbcb00ce6.jpg
  • Like 1

I found these two Giant Puffball Mushrooms growing in our yard. The larger one measures 12" to 13" in diameter. Supposedly, they are edible if the inside is pure white. So, you have to cut the mushroom in half to tell. I am hesitant, so I will just watch it and see if it grows larger. [ATTACH=full]1250746[/ATTACH]

My brother loves to eat these, but I'm not that fond of them. They grow and expire rapidly. I'm in Central New York State and the ones that grow here are very smooth on the surface, unlike yours in the photo. They can get as big as a soccer ball in just a couple of days and then die quickly after. You need to pick them quickly. It's a gamble to wait, thinking they'll get bigger!

• Like 1