Nature Unlimited 15 October 2021

Discussion in 'Nature' started by DavidTriplett, Oct 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the additional weekly image thread for the Nature Forum. While images posted to this thread should still be nature in theme, it may contain a small amount of human-made objects and therefore less restricted than the Monday in Nature threads. Please see this discussion for more details: Alternative weekly thread in Nature forum

Each participant please post no more than just one image per weekly thread. Many members will appreciate any information you are willing or able to provide regarding location, shooting process, exposure settings, equipment, and information on the subject(s), including scientific and/or common names.

Great Grey Owl (Strix nebulosa), encountered perched in a tree in a large clearing in Yellowstone National Park, October 2016. According to All About Birds, this is at the extreme southern end of this species' range along the Rocky Mountains corridor, such that this is a rare sighting. This specimen attracted quite a large crowd, eventually, but seemed satisfied to maintain his regal presence despite the attention.
    NatUnlmtd-211015-1995.jpg
    This is a previously unposted image of a subject I've shared before.

2. Who are you?
    Opossum.jpg

mpressionz and bnelson like this.
  3. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

4. Texas Spiny Lizard Nature-Unlimited.jpg

5. Roger G

Roger G Roger G

I'm normally something of a purist [no hand of man in my images] but though the contrast between the delicate Western Bluebird and the hefty cable was interesting.
    E86A0652 WEBL PSE 700.jpg

6. Ray House

Ray House Ray House

7. That's why this weekly thread exists. Thanks for sharing!

Roger G likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.