National-Geographics-picture-contest from The Daily Mail

I respect your political view

Norman, I respect yours equally, and find your photos to be of considerable interest. I read selectively- the Mail is FAST and often has Scoops. Ex my disaffection in re: Corbyn and his minyons, and my considerable fondness for Great Britain, it is none of my business. The Mail also gives a lot of space to photography, which is unusual.

If you mean that in a technical / computer sense, I haven't encountered any. If you are speaking ideologically, I suppose the risks vary depending on belief system. :D

I find that when navigating their site, there are so many links, even just trying to stay within one article, it is difficult to avoid accidentally clicking on an unrelated link and my computer was subjected to a virus attack from just such an accidental clicking when browsing an article on their site. I would rather avoid it, in my opinion it is the responsibility of a publisher to vet the links to be safe.

The National Geographic site stays better on topic.

Edited by ilkka_nissila

The National Geographic site stays better on topic.

My family subscribed to Geographic going back to my Great Grandfather. Sometime in the late '80's, I got tired of their agenda and cancelled my subscription. Haven't seen a copy since. I will always put Daily Mail in the title of Photo posts- anyone will be able to avoid or go directly to the source.

My family subscribed to Geographic going back to my Great Grandfather. Sometime in the late '80's, I got tired of their agenda and cancelled my subscription.

Providing at least some proof that the old adage doesn’t always apply and that sometimes the apple does, in fact, fall far from the tree.

:)

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

"Sandy, I respect your political view but the DM is another kettle of fish. It breeds hate. You’ve never come across like that."Norman.

You seem to me a very decent bloke with a good sense of humor......hey, the cowboy food, of beans and grits thing, eaten on a open fire on starry nights. Okay, got the bean thing but what are grits?

The Daily Mail supported some not vey nice people when the world was about to go up in flames.

60,000 march in Poland! some not very nice people....I wonder what English paper they would read.

Edited by Allen Herbert

It is a flipping tabloid, not the Bible. That said there are few papers of any political stripe that can be trusted. I believe reading a spectrum, and deciding for one's self based on diverse data is the best one can do. Propaganda is propaganda regardless of the source.

Prime consideration is that it has frequent and often interesting photo features, as posted.

I will keep posting those, identified for self censors to easily avoid. Think of it as an economic boon to your dentists - they profit on tooth grinding.:D

Just found a soapbox to stand and preach on.....cool or what..

Hate always like to take on a subtle form playing on fears and creating prejudice. A silent shadow which hides in the dark offering open arms of innocent persuasion.

It then turns humanity against humanity and feeds of the hate.

And then folks die.

Not sure, Sandy....all these words are weighting me down....they just will not stop.

You have called on the Lord, Sandy. Is he an important part of your life? Do you feel a love for your Lord? do you reflect that love to your fellows of humanity?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that"

Got to go I have been called;)

We all share a common love of country. We all share a passion for what is enjoyable in photos. I only flatly reject tabloids like our National Enquirer ( which is distorted, vulgar and often truly gross in its main content.) I like to look at awesome landscapes. Stuff for screensaver quality. I read a wide variety of pubs. National Geographic is great for photos. I go for its environmental messaging as well. And its photo essays. I value my Economis subscription which leads me to some insight into other countries and other values. Same for Guardian on line. I often disagree with the flavor of analyses, but does not stop me, meaning never fails to get me thinking and questioning . Or questioning my own viewpoint which is well formed to say the least by now but not un ambivalent... Which means this is the best we can expect from a publication. Or a forum. Or facebook feed.. Vive la difference to coin a phrase.

Immersion in another culture or world mindset is tough and getting tougher I see. Missing out on it is worse though. They call it a bubble if you are intrested. That is all I have on the topic of the day. Mahalo and Happy Christmas and Channukah. Aloha as well. :)

Edited by GerrySiegel