National event photography companies

p_harris

I am looking for information on national event photography companies

that hire local freelance photographers. I've heard that there are

websites where freelancers can sign up to shoot events, but I haven't

been able to locate any of them on my own.

I'm not talking about Event Photographers Online or other bidding

sites. I've heard that there are national companies that get

contracts to cover social and other public events and then post those

events online where "qualified" photographers can sign up to shoot

them. Can any please share information about such companies?

"I've heard that...." And the 'voice' did not inform you of the www address of one of those companies?

You have to do a web search and see what you can find. (I would wager that being "qualified" depends on who is doing the hiring.)

I would not post a question without searching for the answer on the web first, but these sort of companies keep their hiring practices on the sly. They don't want their clients to know that they hire photographers rather carelessly.

From some photographers I worked with this weekend I learned of two popular national event photography companies, but because these same fellows said rather nasty things about those company's payment policies I won't repeat the company names here.

P

That's how any out fit that subcon work out to non professional (ie full time at photography) shooters operate. They know you are freelancing and have a day job and are eager to make some bucks. So they string you on with work and pay much latter after you hand over. If you are full time in the industry and plugged into a network you will know who and what or will have learnt how to find the ones with jobs.

Any company that recurits from the net this way is highly likely to be difficult to collect payment from.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to hear about the negative experiences you all have had. I know of several companies since we are one of them. Another is bright room and another is specialty imging.

We make it a point to make sure we pay on time since our studio is and was managed and run by professional photographers. As competition increases it's better for everyone and we've seen more and more national companies in the space.