*Name of this forum changed to include "four-thirds" system*

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by joshroot, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Howdy Olympus users,

Due to multiple frequent requests, I have changed the name of this forum to include the Four-Thirds system. While
    Four-Thirds
    is not an Olympus only creation, Olympus is the main player on the scene and has made an effort to make it's
    older gear usable on their four-thirds cameras. And with the upcoming "micro four-thirds" system, there will
    likely be a lot to talk about.

If, in the future, the four-thirds conversations start to dominate (particularly of the non-Olympus variety), we
    will consider making a four-thirds specific forum. But for now, I'm hoping that this change will give this forum
    a little shot-in-the-arm and encourage some good Olympus based conversations.

(My father's OM-1 was my first SLR. So I have a soft spot for Olympus.)

2. Josh,

My first 35mm is an OM-1 as well, just converted to Oly E510. Like the system for it's size (small hands, hate to lug
    heavy equipment) and commitment to image precision. Look forward to hearing more about the 4/3 format.

Mel

3. Wouldn't it be better to create a new forum for 4/3 ? To me it would seem more logical, because 4/3 is not only Olympus. This way you are mixing two completely different systems in this forum section...

4. There are not nearly enough 4/3 posts to create it's own forum, olympus is the main player in the 4/3 system, and the olympus forum does not get that many posts on it's own anyway. As I said above, I hope this will give the Oly forum a little "shot in the arm".

5. [​IMG]
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 + Olympus ZD 35mm f/3.5 Macro

Bravo, Josh!

I think it's good that there is finally a forum with "Four-Thirds" in the title. Finally all the Olympus, Panasonic and Leica users of Four-Thirds equipment will at least see a name in the photo.net forum list that they can use together and share information through.

With micro-Four-Thirds coming up, I expect the traffic to increase and diversify with more Panasonic users as well.

Good job!
    Godfrey