N90s ERROR

kenny allyn

My trusty ole N90s is now getting an Err on random shots ... works

most of the time ... but with the err IT STOPS, gives a kinda whirr

sound ... push the shutter button again and it usually goes right

back to working ... Any ideas ... or is it time to retire it?

Thanks ... Kenny

Kenny, don't put the workhorse out to pasture. keep it in the field. i still use my 8008s, the predecesssor of n90, occasionally and love the sounds it makes. the shell is broken off in a corner, it is scratched like a cat's toy, but it has been around the world with me and has carried me when my f100 has failed. f100 was about 3 1/2 years old and nikon charged me $370 to repair it. the repair failed twice so they finally replaced it after being out of service for 5 months. the 8008s has never been to the service station. oh, if only i had never sold my fm which i bought somewhere around '78.

The N90s lives on! ... actually it's a replacement ... The lesson here is to have good relations with your local camera shop. The problem was the cog that drives the shutter ... Bill (Eds Camera shop) had just done a refurb on a N90s and just traded me out for the repair charge $139.00 ... I actually got a better camera this one is in like new minus condition (with a six month warrenty) and mine was only excellent!

Grins ... Kenny