Mystified about rate recent (average)

bjcarlton

I posted a photo ("A very skinny building, corrected in PS") yesterday that has received 9 ratings, 8 of them anonymous. The site reports

the following: "There are 8 anonymous raters who rated the photo in the "Rate Recent Photos" or "Rate Category" features, with an average

score of 5.25 for Aesthetics, and 5.38 for Originality." When I look through the "Top Rated Photos" using the "Rate Recent" filter, I don't

see my photo anywhere, even though I page through to photos where both the "originality" and "aesthetics" ratings are lower. What gives?

Thanks

I found it on page two in the Architecture category of the TRP, using the following search parameters:

Timeframe: Past 3 days

Sort by: All ratings (sum)

Photos that receive enough ratings (usually five or more, tho' sometimes less), even if not particularly high ratings, will appear somewhere in the TRP. You just need to try different search parameters.

And remember... the "past three days" part refers to when the image was actually uploaded to your portfolio, NOT when it was submitted for critique/rating. For the date stuff to make sense, you want to submit to the critique forum pretty much at the same time you upload the image in the first place.

Ok; I'll have to check again. As to Matt's comment, I actually did submit it for critique the same day I uploaded it. After it

got unusually good ratings (for me), I thought it might be on the TRP pages, and so scrolled through. I also tried looking at

the top rated photos in architecture, but had no luck in either place.

Just now, I found it in Architecture, on page two, with rate recent (sum), but couldn't find it in All, even though I paged down

into areas where the photos appeared to have lower ratings. There must be something I don't understand about the ratings

system.

• 2 weeks later...